Under the 'Make in India, Made in Andhra Pradesh' programme, state Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu will launch the Xiaomi's first India-manufactured phone in Visakhapatnam on Monday.
At the event, Xiaomi will also make announcement about its expansion plan in India, an official release said in Hyderabad on Sunday.
Xiaomi, a Chinese low-cost smartphone manufacturer, is the third largest smartphone-maker in the world.
Following the Chief Minister's visit to China earlier this year, Xiaomi has come to Visakhapatnam to launch its first made-in-India smartphone and announce its plans for the country, the release said.
(Also see: Motorola Considering Setting Up Manufacturing Facility in India)
Given that global smartphone sales are estimated to grow from to 1.7 billion by 2017 and India will become the second largest smartphone market by 2017 after China, Xiaomi is looking to expand its presence and increase its market share in the country, it said.
During the programme in Visakhapatnam tomorrow, Manu Jain, CEO Xiaomi India and Hugo Barra, VP Global Xiaomi will remain present, the release added.
Get your daily dose of tech news, reviews, and insights, in under 80 characters on Gadgets 360 Turbo. Connect with fellow tech lovers on our Forum. Follow us on X, Facebook, WhatsApp, Threads and Google News for instant updates. Catch all the action on our YouTube channel.