The new prompt will appear on devices running Windows 8.1 or Windows 7
Microsoft's free Windows 10 upgrade offer ends July 29
Over 350 million devices are now running Windows 10
Microsoft is gearing up for its last push to get more people upgrade
to Windows 10 for free. With less than a month left for the free Windows
10 upgrade offer, Microsoft has announced that it will show full-screen
prompts to Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 (SP1) users.
The Redmond-based company had recently promised that it will make it easier for users to say no to Windows 10 update.
The
latest full-screen notification is said to be Microsoft's final way to
get user's attention to upgrade to Windows 10 for free. "This
notification is a reminder that the Window 10 free upgrade offer ends on
July 29, 2016. Microsoft recommends that you upgrade to Windows 10 before the offer
expires. You can choose to upgrade directly from the notification,
dismiss the notification permanently, or choose to be reminded later,"
explains the company.
Microsoft
says that if the user selects the 'Remind me later' option then the
full-screen prompt will re-appear three days later.
The company also lists some situations when the prompt will not
appear such as if the user has a recent version of the "Get Windows 10"
app installed, user has selected the Do not notify me again option,
computer is detected to be incompatible with Windows 10, previously
uninstalled Windows 10 after upgrading, Windows 10 installation failed
and rolled back, user has hidden the "Get Windows 10" app notification,
or if the user has disabled the Windows 10 upgrade.
Microsoft
recently announced the Windows 10 anniversary update will
release on August 2 and said the latest version of Windows, designed to
work a host of devices (including laptops, smartphones, Xbox One
consoles and more), was powering over 350 million devices around the
world. After the end of free upgrade offer, the Windows 10 Home edition
will be available at $119.