Apple has released 10.9.3 system update for OS X Mavericks. The update brings improved 4K display support on Mac Pro (Late 2013) and MacBook Pro with 15-inch Retina Display (Late 2013) as well as the ability to sync contacts and calendars between a Mac and iOS device using a USB connection.
The update also brings improved reliability while copying, editing and inspecting permissions of files on an SMB file server; increased stability when installing configuration profiles; and Safari 7.0.3, amongst other changes and improvements listed below.
As usual, to download and install the update, click the Apple menu and choose Software Update to check for the latest Apple software via the Mac App Store, including this update. The update's size may vary from computer to computer when installed using Software Update, depending upon what earlier updates you had installed.
You can also download the manual update installer. This is especially useful when you need to update multiple computers but only want to download the update once. These versions of the standalone installers are available from Apple Support Downloads.
About the update
The OS X Mavericks 10.9.3 Update is recommended for all Mavericks users. It improves the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac.
- Improves 4K display support on Mac Pro (Late 2013) and MacBook Pro with 15-inch Retina Display (Late 2013)
- Adds the ability to sync contacts and calendars between a Mac and iOS device using a USB connection
- Improves the reliability of VPN connections using IPsec
- Resolves an issue that prevented Font Book from installing PostScript Type 1 fonts
- Improves reliability of copying, editing and inspecting permissions of files on an SMB file server
- Improves reliability of network home directories
- Improves stability when installing configuration profiles
- Improves login speed for users in Active Directory groups
- Includes Safari 7.0.3