General Discussion

Xiomi Redmi Note 4G : Not a great phone

12 Replies Mobiles Last Reply: 7 years ago 11 Users

I am a sucker for stuff which is not easily available in the market. I guess Xiomi / Flipkart ganged up together to take advantage of this stupid Indian mentality. They create artificial scarcity of product by asking you to register for this product first and then wait for the given time and date to add this product in your cart.

So guys, like a fool 2 minutes before the sale started I started staring at the screen and watching the counter as if my life depends upon it. So as the moment came I immediately clicked on the ‘BUY’ button and I was exhilarated to see that I was able to pick up this phone on Flipkart.

I then like a stupid fool started gloating over this as if I have achieved something, as if I have won a gold medal or something.

All this is OK, fine till I started using the product. There are glaring defects in this product.

1. It heats up very fast once you start browsing the internet, use the apps like whatsapp or play games like Temple Run.

2. The MI browser keeps crashing and displays the POPUP every now and then. “We are sorry that MI Browser is not working. Click the send report button to submit the Bug report or click on close button”.

3. It hangs when you are clicking photos and there is an incoming call at the same time.

So my euphoria over the possession of a phone which was difficult to get in the first place turned in to disappointment. This journey from feeling like a winner to ending up like a looser just took 2-3 days.

For all the prospective buyers please beware that please don’t get in to this cheap thrills business.

I reported this to Flipkart with the request to please

1. Fix this phone

OR

1. Exchange this product for a new phone if sure that the new product will not have such defects

OR

1. Give me a refund.

I got a call from the Flipkart executive that they are willing to replace defective phone with a new phone provided I have the original packing. And my god damn luck, I don’t have the original card board packing.

If anyone with little bit of common sense is hearing out there, I don’t need a new phone. I just need a phone without any defects.

I challenge any one from Xiomi / Flipkart to deny that these defects are figment of my imagination and Xiomi Note -4G is a good product.

Also I think we Indians have to learn that all this propaganda of asking you to register and keep you with awaited breath for the sales to begin is a false propaganda. Xiomi Red Note – 4G is just an ordinary product and not something to gloat over. I wish that Xiomi / Flipkart start treating Indian customers with little bit of respect and provide quality phones in the Indian market.

PM
By Prashant Mendiratta
Posted On: Jan 17, 2015 05:53 PM
Displaying 12 of 12 replies
Sort By:
Recent
Best Phone in india
Updated May 30, 2016 02:55 PM
hello Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G Android smartphone. is one of the best option in india toll free number service providers in india , ivr systems
Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
7 Years Ago
You can try XIAOMI Mi4, Oukitel k6000 pro, k10000 or Letv Le ls, all with powerful specifications and reasonable
Updated May 13, 2016 06:34 AM

You can try XIAOMI Mi4, Oukitel k6000 pro, k10000 or Letv Le ls, all with powerful specifications and reasonable price.

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
Very good, Thank
Updated May 11, 2016 03:02 AM

Very good, Thank you!

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
8 Years Ago
InFocus M330 is much better, go for
Updated Apr 29, 2015 09:21 AM

InFocus M330 is much better, go for that.

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
I am also using Redmi Note 4G , It is great
Updated Apr 29, 2015 06:59 AM

I am also using Redmi Note 4G , It is great phone

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
First of all LOL and yeah, InFocus M330 is way better than Redmi Note 4G, the only thing which I hate about it is no 4G
Updated Apr 27, 2015 06:00 PM

First of all LOL and yeah, InFocus M330 is way better than Redmi Note 4G, the only thing which I hate about it is no 4G support and top of that, Snapdeal......

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
9 Years Ago
If your problem is still not solved. I would recommend a simple procedure of wiping your phone off. Resetting data and
Updated Feb 21, 2015 10:35 AM

If your problem is still not solved. I would recommend a simple procedure of wiping your phone off.
Resetting data and clearing cache can do wonders. Yours might have just been a software glitch.
It doesn't take much time ..
Specifically you can go here
http://en.miui.com/a-232.html
Select your fastboot ROM and Model and Flash it. It is a simple procedure and voila you have a phone with no issues.

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
:laughing: looks like you are alone on this complaint bro.. you just had a bad luck no mentality change required
Updated Feb 20, 2015 01:20 PM

laughing looks like you are alone on this complaint bro.. you just had a bad luck no mentality change required here..lol, Even i have used the phone for sometime and had no issue what so ever. Hopefully you have learnt a lesson here to buy phone cheap but keep the bloody box

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
The Redmi Note 4G is a great phone and is value for money. The first poster with the negative experience seems to be a
Updated Feb 20, 2015 07:10 AM

The Redmi Note 4G is a great phone and is value for money. The first poster with the negative experience seems to be a cynical person or had the ill luck to have got a bad piece which he should have got exchanged from Flipkart easily. But then he is careless too--for not keeping the original packing before checking out his piece for any defects for the first few days after buying it. The phone is still selling very well and there are many people who have given their reviews about it at the Flipkart site.

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
I am also purchased redmi note 4g.... when the updated installed in the mobile ..... it is a amazing mobile .... please
Updated Feb 19, 2015 03:13 AM

I am also purchased redmi note 4g....
when the updated installed in the mobile .....
it is a amazing mobile ....
please verify it after updated....and ..go-ahead...

Really it is A GREAT PHONE................

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
9 Years Ago
As per my preference this one is good
Updated Feb 05, 2015 11:38 AM

As per my preference this one is good brand.

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
9 Years Ago
Thank you for your
Updated Jan 18, 2015 04:44 PM

Thank you for your post

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
Create a new discussion
© Copyright Red Pixels Ventures Limited 2024. All rights reserved.