General Discussion

Why Is It That You Need To Have A Website To Get A Review Device?

14 Replies Mobiles Last Reply: 8 years ago 5 Users

I mean that I'm a professional webmaster, I can get a website up and running in just 2 - 5 days, design it and fill the whole site with a whole lot of content and optimize the SEO to get a whole lot of traffic, but still, I don't have that much time, companies firstly want a person to have a site up and running that's a bit famous too but they never see if the person has the potential and knowledge to review or not so, all I want to say to these companies is that see the potential, not their popularity or if they have a site or not.

I want you people to comment on this and share their views.

TS
By Tanuj Singh
Posted On: May 18, 2015 03:55 PM
Displaying 14 of 14 replies
Sort By:
Recent
Redmi 2 or Oppo Mirror 3 if price or camera matters more respectively. Both have 4.7 inch screen
Updated May 19, 2015 10:52 AM

Redmi 2 or Oppo Mirror 3 if price or camera matters more respectively. Both have 4.7 inch screen too

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
A6000 under your choices but A6000 Plus or A7000 are much better, and which mail?
Updated May 19, 2015 10:33 AM

A6000 under your choices but A6000 Plus or A7000 are much better, and which mail? expressionless

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
HI TANUJ, We recieved your mail , but we have 1 query i have purcahed a new mobile under 7 to 8 k so suggest to me in
Updated May 19, 2015 10:29 AM

HI TANUJ,
We recieved your mail , but we have 1 query i have purcahed a new mobile under 7 to 8 k so suggest to me in these brand Redmi 2, Motorola E 2nd generation, Lenovo A6000 which is the best .

My condition 1-2 gb ram, good procesor, Multitasking , Good looking 4-4.7 inch not 5 inch cool camera .Please suggest to me Tanuj,

Anil Singh

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
I guess you're saying right, but still, people have like YouTube to post their stuff and BTW, Wordpress is not a place,
Updated May 19, 2015 10:13 AM

I guess you're saying right, but still, people have like YouTube to post their stuff and BTW, Wordpress is not a place, it's a publishing script stuck_out_tongue

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
Hi, The devices for review from the companies will be available to the blogs which has good number of traffic. 1.
Updated May 19, 2015 09:55 AM

Hi,

The devices for review from the companies will be available to the blogs which has good number of traffic.
1. Company expects, the review to gain new customers. What is the purpose of a review which does-not get any traffic?
2. What is the problem in creating a blog and promoting it? Any way you need a forum to share your review. If you have your own blog, then even you earn money for it.
3. If you dont have a time to write review, then why company needs to provide the review unit?

There are places like wordpress, which doesn't consume much time to go online. If your content is good people will come. If you are not getting traffic, then your content is not good.

Even big reviewers today, invested money and bought devices for review. When they reached a certain level they started receiving the units.

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
NDTV accepts your view too. I got a warning
Updated May 19, 2015 09:52 AM

NDTV accepts your view too. I got a warning message

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
It might be for tech but still, it's advertising
Updated May 19, 2015 09:50 AM

It might be for tech but still, it's advertising stuck_out_tongue

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
I am thinking to make a website, how about
Updated May 19, 2015 09:50 AM

I am thinking to make a website, how about Gadjets?

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
Yup. I just pissed off a NDTV staff because I kept all my posts with my 'unrelated' blog. So I got a warning message.
Updated May 19, 2015 09:41 AM

Yup. I just pissed off a NDTV staff because I kept all my posts with my 'unrelated' blog. So I got a warning message.

It's not like my blog's about fashion; it's about tech!

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
[quote="Tanuj, post:5, topic:1938, full:true"]and please stop advertising your blog [/quote] This mindset is the
Updated May 19, 2015 09:33 AM
Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
Dude, I won't read that much LOL, and please stop advertising your blog
Updated May 19, 2015 09:17 AM

Dude, I won't read that much LOL, and please stop advertising your blog stuck_out_tongue

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
I truly accept your belief. I am quite interested in tech and am updated in the latest news and releases and their
Updated May 19, 2015 09:00 AM

I truly accept your belief.

I am quite interested in tech and am updated in the latest news and releases and their potential. In this way I feel quite talented. However, today's world sidelines the regular people like us who have more realistic ideologies in favor of bigger companies who simply have the marketing, that is, those who have lot of money.

Even those who can do all that is involved in developing a website aren't getting a lot of recognition. I have seen loads of websites, many from India, those have great potential and great authors, but never seem to shine because nobody noticed them.

In countries like the USA, Amazon runs a program in which, if Amazon feels that your product reviews are good, it'll invite you to join a program where you can get some complimentary devices for reviewing purposes on behalf of Amazon. Though his also requires a lot of money (you need to buy products initially), it at least gives people another option. However, such programs are extremely rare in India.

However, the reason companies give their products to popular websites is because they are much safer and much more effective investments. For example, if an ordinary person like me posts a review, not more than 10 people are going to take it seriously, but if, say, NDTV posts a review, probably at least a lakh (100000) people are going to read it.

I wouldn't justify their actions though, as I am also trying to become a review, although with paltry success. It's just more profitable when looking in numbers. What companies don't understand is that, when a common person is reviewing an article, he/she knows the scenario it's going to be used in and thus reviews it accordingly, thus the review will have a greater impact on the little number of people reading it.

For more views like this, check out my blog. Probably start a thread about this on my blog forum too!

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
Well, what you said is also true and I want them to like interview someone's knowledge before sending anyone a device,
Updated May 19, 2015 04:37 AM

Well, what you said is also true and I want them to like interview someone's knowledge before sending anyone a device, not just the content of their site, anyone could rip - off content from another site and put it on theirs.

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
Agree with you mate.. These company just cash on popularity & not on knowledge domain of reviewer.. Most of the site
Updated May 19, 2015 04:29 AM

Agree with you mate..

These company just cash on popularity & not on knowledge domain of reviewer..

Most of the site including NDTV has half of the insight parameters missing in their specifications listing & also in their reviews too.

If Ndtv wishes to review a mobile next times better send me a review piece

me & my team wud write-up a review thats insighful & not just superficial..

Cheers!

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
Create a new discussion
© Copyright Red Pixels Ventures Limited 2024. All rights reserved.