General Discussion

Should The ISPs Provide A Better And Faster Internet At Cheaper Rates?

2 Replies Software, Apps & Services Last Reply: 8 years ago 2 Users

As many of you guys have seen, I'm very active in here and post some random questions once in a while so, here's today's question, "Should The ISPs Provide A Better And Faster Internet At Cheaper Rates?"

So, the answer is both yes and no.

Why yes?

Because it'll help in the following things:

1) Growth of technology and awareness in India.

2) Increase the online bussiness.

3) Make India one more step closer to compete from the USA.

4) Attract more and more people to get online and become smarter (Well, if you get what I mean).

5) And above all, downloading and uploading data at much faster rates (I'm feeling so high right now).

Why no?

Piracy. Now, this one word is much bigger than the five points I've stated above, due to it millions of dollars are pirated online everyday digitally in the form of games, movies, songs etc. (This reminds me of The Pirate Bay).

Well, how can ISPs improve their connection speed and lower the prices?

The clear answer is Optical Fibre lines, in India this work is going on, the govt. has taken the responsibility to lay down optical fibre lines but the work is very slow, I guess that it'll not get finished before 2018....

Where can I get the fastest internet connection in India if I wanted to?

Kerela: It has an insanely fast 1 GBPS internet connection which I think is provided by the govt. or IDK 'cause it's not stated anywhere.

Hyderabad: This city has Act Fibernet which provides 100 MBPS speed which is pretty good.

Any future of this?

Yes, there is if Google Fiber comes to India, it provides 1 GBPS internet connection for which we have to pay monthly and a one - time payment internet connection which gives us the average speeds of today's internet (Like USA or other high speed country).

Conclusion?

India seriously needs to higher the speeds and lower the rate of internet connections if it wants to compete with the world.

TS
By Tanuj Singh
Posted On: May 19, 2015 06:14 PM
Displaying 2 of 2 replies
Sort By:
Recent
Yes, and when we call the customer care then "Sir, your alotted plan is of 512 KBPS and we're giving you the speed of
Updated May 20, 2015 03:25 AM

Yes, and when we call the customer care then "Sir, your alotted plan is of 512 KBPS and we're giving you the speed of 600 - 700 KBPS." And yet, the customer gets 50 - 100 KBPS speed, this proves only one thing, either their monitoring service is defective or they are a big liars (The second one is true).

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
Internet speeds in India is pathetic.. As compared to worlds No.1 "Korea" in terms of speed Here almost all ISP
Updated May 20, 2015 02:59 AM

Internet speeds in India is pathetic..
As compared to worlds No.1 "Korea" in terms of speed

Here almost all ISP especially Reliance & Tata are looting people with whatever they can in the name of broadbnd & 3g & yet at the end nothing is delivered to the consumer.(at actual)

The speeds are always written on papers to be true, The real speed never reaches to consumer when they actually buy internet connection

With this level of corruption going on in providing speed from ISP
One cannot expect in India to use a "Better" & "Faster" internet

Cheers!

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
Create a new discussion
© Copyright Red Pixels Ventures Limited 2024. All rights reserved.