General Discussion

Need buying advise Mobile for my Daughter

11 Replies Buy and Sell Last Reply: 8 years ago 10 Users

I am planning mobile for my daughter which must have below feature
1) RAM min 1 GB
2) Battery Good one
3) Supports androids ( whats app and e-mail )
4) Can have wify connectivity
6) Media player to listen song
5) Good Display for viewing video
6) Good brand which can last 3 years without major repair cost
7)Price within range of Rs 5000 to 6000 . (Mobile comes with my many features and apps which are normaly unused and billed in your cost )
can any one help me out ,,,, I have been told samsung is expensive , nokia is not so user friendly , Motto & Micromax are good for their price

G
By Gurunathkamat
Posted On: May 31, 2015 04:09 AM
Displaying 11 of 11 replies
Sort By:
Recent
ALERT, ALERT please note iBall has poor after sales support despite local service centres. They kept my TAB WQ32 for 2
Updated Oct 15, 2015 08:56 AM

ALERT, ALERT please note iBall has poor after sales support despite local service centres. They kept my TAB WQ32 for 2 weeks and returned the same without repair. Service centre admitted part is not available

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
hi guru, After reading your all specifications i just recall 2 brand name xiaomi and micromax. In this budget you can
Updated Oct 14, 2015 09:11 AM

hi guru, After reading your all specifications i just recall 2 brand name xiaomi and micromax. In this budget you can go for redmi 2 prime it comes with 2gb ram and 16gb internal storage, you can trust this brand no repairing cost for more than 3years, until or unless your daughter will now throw it here and there n it will get break.

Other brand is Micromax and you can trust this brand the phone which come this value is canvas spark q380 and its a superb phone. i personally use this phone and wil rate 4.8/5.

I hope my review will help you in your buying decision.

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
8 Years Ago
Hey! why don't you make your own choice on PriceJugaad.com. Here you can easily locate mobile of your choice and budget
Updated Oct 07, 2015 08:58 AM

Hey! why don't you make your own choice on PriceJugaad.com. Here you can easily locate mobile of your choice and budget and also compare for pricing, reviews, etc.

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
I see too many phone listing here as per user personal choice. If you want a phone that will last more than 3 years
Updated Oct 02, 2015 11:10 PM

I see too many phone listing here as per user personal choice. If you want a phone that will last more than 3 years then go with a major brand like Motorola, Samsung or Xiaomi. DO NOT purchase
local brands (Micromax, Karbonn, Lava) that will cause round trips to service centers which are worse that Govt Offices. Furthermore, do not go with these attractive and cheap Chinese brands (InFocus, Intex,
Phicomm or many more) that have attractive packages and high discounts as their Sales are low or fake. The Battery in these cheap brands expire close to 6 months - 1 year and even if you claim warranty then the service center will have the excuse that the company have not reimbursed or provided them with replacements OR you have to wait for 1 - 3 months as they have made the request overseas lol

I have personally used phones from Rs 2400 (Fly Snap) to Rs 70000 (Iphone 6) and my 2 cents is you need 3 basic things

1.) Processor - A Snapdragon Qualcomm process is the best at your price range. Watch that most phones esp Chinese like Lenovo claim superior performance but have the Mediatek processor.
Mediatek cannot support multiprocessing (using more that 5 apps) as good as Snapdragon. Mediatek phones will slow down or soft reboot crashing the apps!

2.) Battery - Atleast 2000 mAH is required for heavy usage so that the phone can last before it can be recharged. GPS usage can kill the battery faster beyond belief. Again Snapdragon processor
uses less battery compared to Mediatek !!

3.) Operating Frequency - The more bands a phone can support, the better call quality and signal. Always pick a phone which supports 4G. Motorola, Xiaomi and Lenovo are superior. From my personal
experience the Rs 2400 Fly Snap was able to beat all the phones around Rs 5000 range due to its good connectivity.

Finally, you can always use a comparison site to check how good the phones are against each other. From the phones listed above ,you can add and delete other models too

Best of Luck, Dino

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
Hello sir, My opinion say that you would definitely choose between this three phones 1) Yu unique - Price - 5999
Updated Sep 28, 2015 10:37 AM

Hello sir,

My opinion say that you would definitely choose between this three phones

1) Yu unique - Price - 5999 Rs. Note - (sub Company Of Micromax & this phone 4G enabled )

Sorry M new user here so cant put link but you can find this phone @ snapdeal

2) Motorola E 2ed Gen - Price - 5999 Rs. Note - ( creating Nexus or google phones )

Sorry but you can find this on flipkart

3) Micromax Canvas A1 - price - 5369 Rs. Note - (Comes With Android one Best buy for sure update your os till 2 years for sure)

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
May be increase your budget a bit more and plan to buy Xiaomi Mi4i..its a brilliant phone. What you love the most in it
Updated Sep 28, 2015 09:39 AM

May be increase your budget a bit more and plan to buy Xiaomi Mi4i..its a brilliant phone. What you love the most in it is ts display. It has 4G and all other things you have asked for. This phone she can use for long time before she starts to think of exchanging it!

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
Nope, don't go for the Prime, one of my relative has it and it's very slow and
Updated Sep 28, 2015 02:37 AM

Nope, don't go for the Prime, one of my relative has it and it's very slow and laggy.

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
You can go for the GALAXY Grand Prime: Product Description: 5 MP front camera with an ultra-wide view angle of 85
Updated Sep 27, 2015 10:35 PM

You can go for the GALAXY Grand Prime:
Product Description: 5 MP front camera with an ultra-wide view angle of 85 degrees. Other Features include: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth: v4.0, A2DP, USB: micro USB v2.0, GPS: with A-GPS, Beidou, Browser: HTML5, Messaging: SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM, Li-Ion 2600 mAh Battery, Talk time: (2G) / Up to 17 Hours (3G)

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
InFocus M2 4G or Xiaomi Redmi 2
Updated Sep 24, 2015 06:02 PM

InFocus M2 4G or Xiaomi Redmi 2 Prime.

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
Your requirements are quite optimum. There are many smartphones coming at this range and surprisingly some of them even
Updated Sep 23, 2015 10:14 AM

Your requirements are quite optimum. There are many smartphones coming at this range and surprisingly some of them even hold 4G LTE connectivity. Also, as you have explored already, you won't going to find good Samsung smartphones at this range. It's better to with Micromax.

Micromax Canvas Spark is the one such smartphone that has been sold half a million times. It holds quad core processor with 1GB RAM, runs on Android 5.0 Lollipop OS. 8MP rear and 2MP front facing camera. Battery is also good - 2000mAH battery. It has 8GB internal memory that can be expanded further also.

Micromax has more such smartphones under its YU company - http://micromaxmobilehub.com/best-micromax-mobile-under-5000-2015

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
Xiaomi Redmi 2 (Rs. 5,999) available on amazon.in and flipkart 1 GB RAM, 8 GB inbuilt 2200 mAH Battery 4.7 inches,
Updated Sep 23, 2015 07:01 AM

Xiaomi Redmi 2 (Rs. 5,999) available on amazon.in and flipkart

1 GB RAM, 8 GB inbuilt
2200 mAH Battery
4.7 inches, 720 x 1280 px display

Huawei Honor Holly (Rs. 5,999) available on flipkart

1 GB RAM, 16 GB inbuilt
5 inches, 720 x 1280 px display
2000 mAH Battery

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
Create a new discussion
© Copyright Red Pixels Ventures Limited 2024. All rights reserved.