General Discussion

Kolkata Pokemon Go Players - Let's share

21 Replies Gaming Last Reply: 7 years ago 20 Users
Are you playing Pokemon Go in Kolkata?
Are there enough Pokestops in your area?
Did you find good Pokemon?
Where did you find the best Pokemon?

Share your tips, and help fellow players level up.
Pokemon Pokemon Go Kolkata Pokemon Go Kolkata
GG
Bronze
By Gagan Gupta
Posted On: Jul 14, 2016 03:17 PM
Displaying 1-20 of 21 replies
Sort By:
Recent
Spelling mistakes
Updated Jul 26, 2016 12:19 PM
Please do not mind the spelling mistakes.
Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
Pokestops and Pokemons
Updated Jul 26, 2016 12:18 PM
Hi All,
Many thanks for all the information provided.
Checkek out EcoPark in Rajarhat/New Town. So there are 36 PokeStops there and 3 Gyms. Open greenery and a huge water body. Sounds fantastic, does it not?
However, to collect and fill your bag with poke stop goodies, this is an excellent idea.
As for pokemons, in the 2 hours that I spent there, I found 2 pokemons, and another 6 when some one activated a lure module on a pokestop.
Not the best outcome I suppose. Out of those 8 pokemons, none of the were new finds, rather the samy typical spawns for Rattata, Pidgey, and Zubat.
I mean bloody hell, how does a place with 36 pokestops and 3 gyms in a 3 km long stretch not have anything nice. May be something was wrong with the server, hence the ridiculous spawns.
From Salt Lake, if you take the bridge behind Baisakhi Mall, to Kestopur, you will find alot of pokemons. Good ones too. Some one previpously informed of Kestopur and it turned out to be great. In a span of 1 hour 30 minutes i collected more than 30 pokemons and to add to that 8 new pokemons. Not bad i guess.
Another nice place is the Metropolitan Township which is on the way to Salt Lake. It the the High Way Dhabba road. The good thing about this place is that it has big less traffic and alot of pokemons as well.I did collect some 50 pokemons here in about 2 hours. However there are no pokestops or gyms here. (unless I forgot).
As far as Salt Lake goes, this place is a gold mine, especially City Centre. YOu might not get the rarest of pokemons, but you do come accross a pokemon every 2 to 3 minutes.
Central park in Salt Lake is also helpfull as it has 6 poke stops in less than 100 metres. By the time i left my house in Salt Lake and entered city centre Kolkata (Park Circus), the servers had been geo blocked. Cannot comment on locations around the rest of Kolkata.
People, please understand that using a lure module, when people are around does not decrease your chance of getting more pokemons. The more the number of people around a lure module, the higher the chances of of a rarer pokemon appearing. Hence please dont be selfish. This game is not about being the best, but rather teaming with people. Best to use lure modules around alot of people.
Another thing about the lure module is that, if I am level 12 and the person who used the lure module is of a lower level than me, I will see only the same level of pokemons as the lure module activator does. Hence the people with the highest levels should use lure modules, as it attracts pokemons at par or higher than their level.
I guess this is all I can think of as of now.
Lets help people with more insights.
People please be safe, as we all know how traffic in Kolkata is.
Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
this is the best game i ever play
Updated Jul 23, 2016 08:16 PM
I got a Dratini, a Krabby, a Eevee also a slowpoke From Kudhghat, a Magmar, a Pidgeotto, a Krabbyfrom Lakemarket, and there habe enough pokestope and gym.......
i love to play this game continue
Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
Pokemon nests
Updated Jul 22, 2016 11:10 AM
Can you please tell me are there any Pokemon nests in kolkata and please provide the locations
Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
Updated Jul 21, 2016 03:23 PM
Team Valor too. Level 10. Hit me up, we'll go capture some gyms
Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
Updated Jul 21, 2016 09:30 AM
I live near Lake Mall. There are lots of pokestops and gyms.
Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
Team Valour
Updated Jul 21, 2016 01:07 AM
Team valour man. Add me if you have a group. Exchanging information would be a good idea.
Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
Pokestop n gym
Updated Jul 20, 2016 02:37 PM
i found more than13 pokestops which ranges from dalhousie to central metro & lalbazar and 2 gyms saifee masjid n church near Writers and 1 at chandni metro,(covers a big area).Unfortunately i live at bally,my home where i dint find any pokestops..if any one has any knowledge in that location..
Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
Updated Jul 19, 2016 11:18 PM
There are good amout of pokestops and gyms in garia near kavi nazrul metro...Â
Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
Updated Jul 18, 2016 01:51 PM
Are there any pokestops or gyms between Dunlop to sodepur. ... please inform if possible ...
Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
Team valor
Updated Jul 17, 2016 05:01 PM
Hey bro I m in team valor too level 10 trainer near parnashree area I read ur post and I think it is his to have a ways app group add me to ur google plus circle or WATS appÂ
Already I am holding 2 valor gyms in my nearby area
Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
Where can I find rare pokémon...
Updated Jul 17, 2016 04:05 PM
Well...I am tired of catching pidgey and ratata
.can anybody help me with a place where one can find a rare pokemon.... Please..it would be very helpful
Â
Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
Team Valor?
Updated Jul 17, 2016 04:04 PM
Hi guys I'm trying to find people in Kolkata who are in team valor so we can communicate each other. I think it will great if we create a group and start taking gyms in an organized way. I'll add you to the group. Â E-mail me krngupta2204@gmail.com
Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
Esplanade area
Updated Jul 17, 2016 11:03 AM
Esplanade has many Pokestops and quite a few Pokemon like Pinsir, Bulbasaur, Diglett, Staryu, etc
Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
Updated Jul 16, 2016 06:36 PM
Hi  dude... since you are travelling to kolkata... do visit the ECO Park... it has like 12 pokestops and 2 gyms. Other places where you can get good pokemon is in kestopur... I have got like a kangaskhan there and the other day my friend got an gengar.Â
Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
Updated Jul 16, 2016 05:50 AM
Live near lake town, anyone know if there are gyms near this area?Â
Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
jadavpur police station to south city is too good it has a poestop a gym and pikachu
Updated Jul 15, 2016 12:00 AM
jadavpur police station to south city is too good it has a poestop a gym and pikachu
Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
112 pokemons collected more to go
Updated Jul 14, 2016 06:28 PM
I have collected around 112 pokemons but lack of gyms in my area makes the game irritating.
Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
experience depends on where you stay
Updated Jul 14, 2016 06:16 PM
Kolkata offers a mixed bag some areas have quite an abundance of pokestops for example maidan area and jatin das park but sarat bose road being a central location has no pokestops ive been playing for 3 days now walked around 13 kms and now im running out of pokeballs and since there are no pokestops nearby its becoming difficult to play...the game is really enjoyable but pokestop issue needs adressing
Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
Yes. Salt Lake.
Updated Jul 14, 2016 06:11 PM
Salt lake Sector 1 has 4 pokestops you can cover in 3 mins. They're clustered south of Lake Town, but North of Salt Lake. Also, Salt Lake has a lot of pokestops. Don't know about other parts.
Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
Create a new discussion
© Copyright Red Pixels Ventures Limited 2024. All rights reserved.