General Discussion

iOS Gamers Only

20 Replies Gaming Last Reply: 8 years ago 9 Users

Hello iPhone/iPad gamers. Which are your favourite games? What are you playing right now?

I'm playing Crossy Road, Sunburn, Letterpress and Out There. Crossy Road is mindless tapping and the game that I use to unwind before sleeping.

Sunburn is a great game with awesome pixel art. It's about astronauts marooned in space, and you've got to find all of them and crash into the sun. In spite of the sad-sounding theme, the game is quite light and has some great art and nice music.

Letterpress is a nice multiplayer word game. Try it, really.

Out There is an incredibly tough space exploration game. I can't recommend this one enough and it is one of the less popular games on iOS. I love going to different planets, black holes and stars.

PP
Gold
By Pranay Parab
Posted On: Dec 05, 2014 06:31 AM
Displaying 20 of 20 replies
Sort By:
Recent
I'm geeking out at sudoku now, just got sucked into it somehow. At the moment these two games are my favorites: [Sudoku
Updated May 08, 2015 06:15 AM

I'm geeking out at sudoku now, just got sucked into it somehow. At the moment these two games are my favorites: Sudoku Pro Collection and Sudoku Office Style.

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
9 Years Ago
Hello! Right now I am playing N.O.V.A 3 free version and paid version both. If you think there will be more in paid
Updated Feb 27, 2015 12:59 PM

Hello! Right now I am playing N.O.V.A 3 free version and paid version both. If you think there will be more in paid version then you are wrong. Something's are more but I would suggest you free version.

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
9 Years Ago
Finally starting to get the hang of Boson X. Found this game really tough initially. It's fun to play - a rotational
Updated Jan 19, 2015 04:38 AM

Finally starting to get the hang of Boson X. Found this game really tough initially. It's fun to play - a rotational runner set in a particle accelerator.

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
9 Years Ago
Lol yes. It's stupid. It's
Updated Jan 05, 2015 07:44 AM

Lol yes. It's stupid. It's fun.

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
9 Years Ago
@ershad was hooked to this a while ago. I can't do so much grinding so I'm keeping away from this. Finished
Updated Dec 31, 2014 07:13 AM

@ershad was hooked to this a while ago. I can't do so much grinding so I'm keeping away from this.

Finished Oceanhorn. Played it for 15 hours, which is quite good for an iOS game. Gets 4 stars from me. Not perfect, but definitely worth playing.

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
I hate myself for recommending this, but check out [Tap Titans][1]. It's basically Cookie Clicker, but with a nice
Updated Dec 30, 2014 12:27 PM

I hate myself for recommending this, but check out Tap Titans. It's basically Cookie Clicker, but with a nice skin, so - incredibly stupid but vaguely addictive.

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
I'll revise my opinion of Oceanhorn. Although I still don't like the story, I enjoy just randomly going to islands and
Updated Dec 30, 2014 04:42 AM

I'll revise my opinion of Oceanhorn. Although I still don't like the story, I enjoy just randomly going to islands and doing random quests. This game is enjoyable if you like collecting coins, finding hidden bloodstones, completing challenges to level up. It's a fun game that has around 2-10 hours of gameplay depending on how much you want to explore the world.

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
9 Years Ago
Not liking Oceanhorn as much as I thought I would. The graphics are awesome, more so if you have iPhone 5s/6/6 Plus or
Updated Dec 22, 2014 04:31 AM

Not liking Oceanhorn as much as I thought I would. The graphics are awesome, more so if you have iPhone 5s/6/6 Plus or iPad Air/Air 2/mini 3. Older devices don't get the visual awesomeness. But gameplay wise it isn't that great. I didn't like the story much and I couldn't get myself to care enough about saving the world of Arcadia. Most puzzles are quite easy, which is a good thing for most players, but the hard ones are mostly just about getting the timing right. So the game becomes a bit of a grind. The teenage me would probably like this game, but I think I now prefer slightly darker storylines. The soundtrack is very good/

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
9 Years Ago
[Goat Simulator][1] is the perfect game to play when you just want to have a little stupid fun. There's nothing to
Updated Dec 10, 2014 08:53 AM

Goat Simulator is the perfect game to play when you just want to have a little stupid fun. There's nothing to think about, and nothing to accomplish - just maximise the chaos and have some fun. It's the perfect antidote to games that take themselves too seriously.

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
Have been playing Out There on and off for the past few days. I'm yet to see a more unfair game. You are almost always
Updated Dec 09, 2014 07:39 AM

Have been playing Out There on and off for the past few days. I'm yet to see a more unfair game. You are almost always short of fuel and will have to backtrack a lot because some stars are just out of range. That wastes a lot of fuel too. Then there's the cargo space restriction problem. I mean, each technology takes one slot in the cargo hold so if you upgrade too much you can't even carry enough fuel.

There are several random encounters that make the game the great adventure that it is. I was offered three gates to pass through in one such encounter. I chose one and it sent me back all the way to where I started. I basically had to play the entire game again. satellite Then I found one of the destinations in the game and realised that it is one ending. I now have to start over to get to the other endings. I won't even have all the awesome tech I chanced upon in that playthrough.

This may sound like a rant but it isn't. These things actually make the game a lot of fun and add to its replay value. There's just so much to explore... out there. Try it.

Also available on Android and a major update (Omega edition) brings it to Windows, Mac and Linux too. I'm pretty sure it will feature in a future Humble Bundle. http://www.outtheregame.com/

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
I love Origami Puzzles. I have installed Let's Fold Origami Puzzle Game and its available for both iOS and Android.
Updated Dec 08, 2014 03:13 AM

I love Origami Puzzles. I have installed Let's Fold Origami Puzzle Game and its available for both iOS and Android. Please try and enjoy Origami and do let me hear your feedbacks.

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
Heh. If you iOS kiddies aren't playing Vainglory you're doing it wrong. Explanation on what a MOBA is:
Updated Dec 05, 2014 08:50 PM

Heh. If you iOS kiddies aren't playing Vainglory you're doing it wrong.

Explanation on what a MOBA is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiplayer_online_battle_arena

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
I'll wait for Rishi to join and explain this to
Updated Dec 05, 2014 11:31 AM

I'll wait for Rishi to join and explain this to you.

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
It might not be a great game, but you could also check out [Papa Sangre][1], it is an audio-only game that uses
Updated Dec 05, 2014 11:31 AM

It might not be a great game, but you could also check out Papa Sangre, it is an audio-only game that uses binaural sound to let you walk about in complete darkness, while avoiding monsters.

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
Puzzle-solving games you can just pick up anytime and tap away for a little while (but are also madly addictive): Folt,
Updated Dec 05, 2014 11:03 AM

Puzzle-solving games you can just pick up anytime and tap away for a little while (but are also madly addictive): Folt, Threes, Flow Free, Bicolor, Two Dots, Gas Tycoon, RGB Express. 1010 started out nicely but then threw ads in.

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
Haha, but seriously, what is
Updated Dec 05, 2014 10:10 AM

Haha, but seriously, what is MOBA?

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
No. The science fiction thread is too nerdy. I am going to stay away from
Updated Dec 05, 2014 09:57 AM

No. The science fiction thread is too nerdy. I am going to stay away from that.

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
What is MOBA? I've seen that term many times but never bothered to check. Is this thread getting too nerdy for
Updated Dec 05, 2014 09:54 AM

What is MOBA? I've seen that term many times but never bothered to check. Is this thread getting too nerdy for me?

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
iOS is the black hole of games. It is easy to get lost. Please note that I am talking exclusively about the 'good'
Updated Dec 05, 2014 09:51 AM

iOS is the black hole of games. It is easy to get lost. Please note that I am talking exclusively about the 'good' ones. All games made by Simogo are insanely good. Also, Telltale Games makes good games too. If you are on iPhone 5S or iPad Air and above, Vain Glory is a gorgeous looking MOBA that is easy to pick up and play. I should know, I've never played one before.

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
There is no greater game that Robot Unicorn Attack, on any
Updated Dec 05, 2014 08:12 AM

There is no greater game that Robot Unicorn Attack, on any platform.

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
Create a new discussion
© Copyright Red Pixels Ventures Limited 2024. All rights reserved.