General Discussion

Bricked HTC One Max while Rooting

9 Replies Mobiles Last Reply: 8 years ago 5 Users

I tried to root my HTC One Max but it failed halfway through the process and now my phone won't even finish booting up now. I'm left with a very expensive paperweight, can someone please help me figure out what I can do to fix this?

MG
By Mister G
Posted On: Dec 05, 2014 06:45 AM
Displaying 9 of 9 replies
Sort By:
Recent
hi ankur, I dont think so this issue occur in this kind of smartphone, they are easiest to unlock, You can do two
Updated Nov 20, 2015 10:09 AM

hi ankur,

I dont think so this issue occur in this kind of smartphone, they are easiest to unlock, You can do two things or help in this case.

First is that you can go to youtube and see and check that out how to do this task step by step

else you can take some help of professional to this task.

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
8 Years Ago
Just try to install STock rom your phone will work
Updated Oct 30, 2015 10:12 AM

Just try to install STock rom your phone will work fine

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
9 Years Ago
Best option I would say is, watch few videos on YouTube on "how to unlock HTC Bootloader / install custom ROM on HTC
Updated Dec 29, 2014 05:00 AM

Best option I would say is, watch few videos on YouTube on "how to unlock HTC Bootloader / install custom ROM on HTC (say One M8)" ...after watching 3-4 videos, you know exactly what you need to do without getting confused!

That's how I learned! smiley

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
9 Years Ago
Yes, I thought as much. Even with HTC's step-by-step instructions, the process is complicated. Some people can do it
Updated Dec 22, 2014 04:11 AM

Yes, I thought as much. Even with HTC's step-by-step instructions, the process is complicated. Some people can do it easily I guess, but most will have trouble following them.

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
Well Pranay, I am a developer myself. I make custom ROMs for HTC, Motorola and LG devices ....I know
Updated Dec 18, 2014 03:44 PM

Well Pranay,
I am a developer myself. I make custom ROMs for HTC, Motorola and LG devices ....I know there are many steps...but at least HTC is providing a simplified solution...in case of other manufacturers, there are no clear instructions as to what is to be done.

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
If you actually follow the steps there, you'll realise that it is quite complicated. :smile: There are about 15 steps
Updated Dec 18, 2014 05:02 AM

If you actually follow the steps there, you'll realise that it is quite complicated. smile There are about 15 steps involved in just unlocking the bootloader and that's before you get to the actual rooting, installing a custom recovery and flashing the ROM.

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
You guyz have a misconception... HTC phones are the easiest to unlock and root. Visit here for official unlocking
Updated Dec 17, 2014 07:01 AM

You guyz have a misconception... HTC phones are the easiest to unlock and root.

Visit here for official unlocking http://www.htcdev.com/bootloader and follow the simple steps.. any further help, let me know...will give the exact details on how to do that..

But now that its bricked, google for HTC One Max offocial RUU. Download that .exe file double click and connect your phone to the PC... let it do the rest.. it will be up and running smiley

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
It starts booting, but then it freezes
Updated Dec 16, 2014 10:52 AM

It starts booting, but then it freezes up.

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
9 Years Ago
HTC's bootloader is ridiculously hard to unlock and rooting those phones is never easy. I'm sorry to hear about your
Updated Dec 05, 2014 10:18 AM

HTC's bootloader is ridiculously hard to unlock and rooting those phones is never easy. I'm sorry to hear about your experience, but if I were you, I wouldn't try to root any HTC phone. frowning

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
Create a new discussion
© Copyright Red Pixels Ventures Limited 2024. All rights reserved.