Samsung recently announced the launch of the next iteration of its phablet, the Galaxy Note II
in India priced at Rs. 39,990. Besides this, the Korean manufacturer has announced that it will launch the Samsung Galaxy Camera in India around Diwali time, that is the second week of November. There is no word on the official pricing yet, but we'll keep you informed in case something pops up.
Pictures of the Galaxy Camera
were spotted ahead of its official launch at IFA
this year in Berlin. Like the Note II, the Galaxy Camera comes with Jelly Bean on-board and boasts impressive hardware capabilities.
The Samsung Galaxy Camera features a 16-megapixel sensor with a f/2.8 aperture and 23mm-480mm lens that has 21x of optical zoom. Under the hood, the camera is powered by a 1.4GHz quad-core Exynos processor, as found in the Galaxy S III smartphone. It features a 4.8-inch S-LCD display with a resolution of 1280×720 pixels translating into 308 ppi. The camera also supports 3G connectivity via a micro-SIM but does not have calling features.
The camera comes with 8GB of internal storage, 32GB of expandable memory with microSD support. Connectivity options include 3G (HSPA＋ 21Mbps), HDMI 1.4, WiFi a/b/g/n, WiFi HT40, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS. Apart from this, the camera also has 1,650 mAh battery that Samsung claims can last up to seven hours.
Samsung has also made an effort to include many tools that will appeal to a photographer's editing experience. Features like auto cloud backup, Best group pose, Smart Pro mode define Samsung's capabilities of exploring the Galaxy camera. Users can also install apps and games on the device from Google Play.
Samsung at IFA 2012Samsung Galaxy Camera key specs
- Image Sensor: 16.3 effective megapixel 1/2.3" BSI CMOS
- Lens: F2.8, 23 mm, 21x super long zoom
- Display: 121.2 mm (4.8"), 308 ppi, HD Super Clear Touch Display
- ISO: Auto, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200
- Processor: 1.4GHz Quad-Core processor
- OS: Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- Memory: 8GB, memory slot : micro SDSC, micro SDHC, micro SDXC
- Smart Pro : 10 modes (Macro, Rich Tone, Action Freeze, Waterfall Trace, Light Trace,Beautiful Sunset, Blue Sky, Natural Green, Silhouette, Vivid Fireworks)
- Share shot, Auto Cloud Back-up
- Smart Content Manager, Photo Wizard, Movie Wizard
- Voice Control, Slow Motion Video, S Planner, S Suggest
- AllShare Play, Family Story, Drop box
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- Connectivity: WiFi a/b/g/n, WiFi HT40, Bluetooth 4.0
- Battery: 1,650 mAh
- Dimension (WxHxD): 128.7 x 70.8 x 19.1 mm
- Weight: 305g